Sunday, June 04, 2006

double bill part 1 - blue peanuts

Tonight I camped out for a double bill at the Cinemathque Ontario. First up was the remastered print of David Lynch's BLUE VELVET. Never had the chance to see it projected in the past and this beautiful print made the experience worthwhile. As soon as it was done I wanted to rush out and watch WILD AT HEART and the whole TWIN PEAKS series, but I had another film at 8:45, but more on that in the next post. It was incredibly nostalgic and I can't remember the last time I watched it, but I can't remember as a teen how much of the seedy sex scenerio I really was able to absorb or understand. So in honour of the screening, I was able to find a subversive little mash up by Toronto's own, Todd Graham, the man responsible for the classic APOCALYPSE POOH... yes, I am talking about BLUE PEANUTS! And if you want to watch POOH, here is the link for the you tube posting.

No comments: